|Name of the Project
|DROUGHT – DISASTER RISK REDUCTION AND STABLIZING CLIMATE
|1.4.2023 TO 31.3.2024
|8584 FAMILIES OF 143 SC & ST VILLAGES OF 66 PANCHAYATS IN 4
MANDALS OF SPSR NELLORE DISTRICT.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES :
- Capacity Building to Community Leaders.
- Formation of Climate Change Adaptation Groups
- Farmer Field Schools to farmers
- CCAG (Climate change adaptation group) to take up Drought Risk
Reduction activities like promotion of vegetation, Rennovation of
existing water bodies, Water harvesting structures promotion, erosion
control measures etc., by mobilizing the required resources from the
- Sensitize on Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) process and DRR
concepts and activities community at large through Grama Sabhas,
PRI members in specific, along with opinion leaders.
- Restoration of degraded agro forestry
- Promotion of Silvi pasture and hill lock plantation
- Promotion of eco clubs at school level